Thursday, May 29, 2008

Politeness

Its been long that I tested my writing abilities, so here is the first one in the many stories that I may write in near future. I have this unruly feeling that you get what you give, so I'm narrating you a true story happened with me a couple of years ago.

I walked with a friend to the ticket window of the suburban train the other night, and he bought a pair, thanking the owner politely. The owner, however, did not even acknowledge it.

"A sullen fellow, isn't he?" I commented as we walked away.

"Oh, he's that way every night," shrugged my friend.

"Then why do you continue being so polite to him?" I asked.

And my friend replied, "Why should I let him determine how I'm going to act?"

1 comment:

Suyash Joshi said...

hey... good post...

I bet we need more such people around us to truly make the world a better place to live :)